Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 04:37 AM   #8
Tearstone

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
State: Florida
THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
We found out the hardway while camping and the weather turned sub-freezing during one camping trip, so disconnet from your water source and either drain your hose or put it in the shower inside your RV (otherwise you may be looking for a new hose and or water faucet tomorrow). Everything else on our RV did just fine, hit 20 degrees one night and 18 the next. We ran our little electric space heater most of the night with an occasional heat boost from the gas furnace when needed.

Doc
That's what I ended up doing with our hose. I disconnected our fresh hose and put it in the compartment. Went to go add more water to our tanks a couple of days later and the hose had ice in it. I've been putting in the shower ever since, I definitely need our fresh hose to refill our tanks regardless of what temp it is outside. The spigots at our site retain the water in our ground so they have continued to work good throughout the past couple of weeks.

We have a small space heater in our bay that I've plugged into the spare 30A supply on our hookup. I keep it at a constant 50 degrees and monitoring it with a remote accu-rite remote thermometer from Wal-Mart. We have two space heaters inside and even survived the 9 degrees the other night.

One issue I'm not too happy about is that it doesn't feel like our slides are properly sealed on along the floor. We can almost feel cold air coming out from under the kitchen and couch. We lined the seal along the floor with some cheap AC insulation from Home Depot.

Florida, you all have nothing to worry about for a couple of days in some chilly weather.
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum