Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
GeorgiaHybrid

Brand: DRV
Model: 38RSSA
State: Georgia
THOR #1667
Broken bearing dust covers/bearing caps

Thought I'd let everyone know about a potential safety issue with current DRV's and the bearing caps. It would appear that the two on the drivers side of our trailer were over torqued from the factory and we found out when one partial cap departed for never never land and took out the center of the hubcap with it.

Once I got the pieces of that one out I decided to pull the rest of the hubcaps and the bearing caps to check them. That's when I found the other cap on that same side was broken as well. I called DRV and sent them an email with pictures but I also ordered 4 replacements direct from Kodiak (next day air) to have as spares incase DRV didn't get back to me in time (We are leaving Wednesday morning for Savannah). About 30 minutes after I had ordered some extras, Greg called from DRV, apologised and said he would be sending me the replacements for the caps and the center section for the hubcap.

I'm not sure but I think he is also sending me a IR line to go from the sensor unit to my satellite dish receiver as well and that would be great... All in all, a great response to a problem from DRV and Greg.

Here is the result of the Break. The pieces from the one I dug out of the hub are on the ground and the broken but not completely separated cap is in my hand.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum