Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #35
Porthole

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I had the same problem as the OP last July and received a replacement from DRV. I also talked with Kantleak's tech support and he advised to cut the water pressure prior to rotating the selector valve. That made no sense to me and would be very inconvenient, but he explained: the pressure on/through the valve put a great deal of pressure on the 'O' rings and that pressure would causes a tear in them as the selector was rotated, resulting in a leak. When I examined mine, one of them was torn pretty badly, and the selector had not been rotated more than a few times. At that time, the 5 was only ~8 months old and been on a trip 3 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
And in correcting the problem by replacing parts that may fail again? Anderson doesn't seem to be able to fix this o-ring wear, thus the new and expensive brass one to be coming soon. A shutoff valve will solve his tank filling problem, but not a leak to the outside of the valve.

The kantleak has been out for several years and many manufacturers are using it and have problems.

I'm really surprised builders haven't topped using them.

Telling customers to turn off the water is really a BS answer. Solving the problem would be a better way. Besides it is only suggested that you turn off the water - suppose you don't somehow relieve pressure? You still have 25' - 50' of hose with pressure in it which is still going to cause a problem.

I don't have a kantleak valve yet, but I can do everything they can with my simple manifold I made up with several 1/4 turn valves, and I can operate those valves under pressure. Never had a failure.

The "Anderson Brass Company" ought to start using some materials that are in the namesake.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum