Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 01:51 AM   #19
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jacobs View Post
We installed Airtabs on our Jayco travel trailer in 2014 as a way to control how much trucks pushed us off the road when being passed at high speed. They worked really well, in fact, so well, we could hardly believe it, and our tow car mileage went from 9 mpg to 12 mpg, so when we traded up to our 2012 Thor ACE 29.2 last fall, we thought we should put Airtabs on it as well.
Until now, I've never heard of somebody doing this twice ... so ok, who knows ... after all these years ... I'm still open to convincing logic ... however there's a lot of data stacked against this "idea"...

Make no bones about it ... I call'em snake oil!

FWIW... I make it a point to strike up conversation with the owners of rigs with these and while not scientific, my consensus is those that have had them for a short time ... try to believe. Those that have had them a long time not so much

Many a campfire chat where Air-Tabs were the brunt of jokes and stories of folly. We all fall pray to gimmicks that we've justified one way or another. Hell I remember a day long ago when they just about got stuck to one of my rigs!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum