Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #99
Druff

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVMIII View Post
I recently downsized from a 37' fver and Chevy 3500HD dually. After our last trip to Glacier, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and many stops in between my wife and I both decided we could go smaller. There were many places we just couldn't get in and a couple we stayed in that we didn't fit. After looking at a bunch of C's, I just couldn't find the features we wanted in anything less than 30'. I wanted a king bed that didn't fold up, a shower I could fit in, and auto levelers. We ended up liking the ACE 29.4 (30'6"). I was hoping for something a little smaller but just couldn't find the options we wanted. With a large number of state and national parks with size limits, we can get just about anywhere we want to now. Noteable less room than our Alpine, but enough for us.
In 2016 we downsized from a Cougar 35' 5er with 3 slides to a 31' class C(2016 Chateau 31W). For two years we loved the smaller size. While in Mobile AL and the Florida Panhandle this winter we were caught in a couple of ice storms and bad weather that pretty much kept us in the MH for several days at a time it got really small, really fast. A few weeks later while in St Augustine FL, we came across a 06 Monaco 40' DP with quad slides for a ridiculously good price at CW and traded out for it.

I also like the fact that I am no where near the weight limit, as I was over weight all the time with the class C.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum