Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
eclarkmx

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 36tl
State: Texas
THOR #8242
How Thor disappoints us all

Today it's my first anniversary with my Challenger 36 TL.

I was looking at videos and came across the factory tour video. I laughed at all the emphasis they put on saying that all the electrical wiring is done using harnesses.

The portion of the vehicle could probably be considered harnesses (when connected properly or when they don't do patching or use jumpers that should not exist according to their own engineering group.

The residential portion of the wiring is even worse. I think they hire people that are not electricians that just find the quickest way to put a cable, most of the time not even holding them to the floor or walls.

How do I know this? I have spent the last year putting it together in the right way because I'm a full-timer.

I have written other postings mentioning all the issues I have corrected on the vehicle and people have asked why didn't I just used the warranty or even gave the RV back. The answer... because all of the RV manufacturers do the same unless its a very high-end vehicle and most of us cannot afford a half a million or more motorhome.

So if you are planning in buying a Thor Motorcoach you need to have in mind that you will need to get your hands dirty because those "certified technicians" are worse than the factory.

Look at the Videos in youtube from people like RVGeeks or Tito and get to do your own repairs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum