Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 04:23 AM   #1
ComputerChips

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
Grey water drain freeze damage.

I winterized, including pouring pink stuff down all the drains but evidently had enough untreated water just behind the grey cutoff valve to freeze and crack the pipe. There is a crack in the 1 1/2" ABS sweep 90 degree ell pipe. That sweep ell is glued to the Gate valve. I can get a new sweep 90 degree ell at any plumbing shop but because it's glued to one side of the grey gate valve, I'll need to replace part of that valve body too. My question is this. I have the combo black 3" and grey 11/2" dump setup as most RVs. Can I purchase a standard 1 1/2 gate valve and remove the side that "I need" to replace and bolt it back together and have any success? Or do I need to figure out and buy the same brand? I'm trying to buy the $15 gate valve and only use the,1/2 I need rather than buying the $45 combo unit and using only a 1/4 of it. Any thoughts?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum