Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The first question that you must ask yourself is what do you intend to do with a motor coach? Is it going to be for weekend jaunts to campgrounds or is it going to be for long distance trips spanning the course of several weeks?

If you are planning on wintering in warmer climates some of the RV resorts restrict coaches by class and age. For example there are some resorts that restrict to Class A no older than 8 years. The age restriction is often locked in stone regardless of condition while others will perform allow exceptions based on condition.
Really? This is something I didn't know!

I assume that a resort would make this type of limitation abundantly clear prior to taking reservations?

We are not the "resort" types, so I guess we won't have to worry about this, but I was quite surprised to learn of this restriction! Thanks for sharing so we can be more cognizant of this issue!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum