Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #6
bharrisv65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeier View Post
Our dealer, who has been very responsive to our other warranty issues called me today and told me that Thor is refusing to fix this under warranty due to the fact that the defects were not noted on the inspection at delivery.
This is just typically another excuse a manufacturer (or dealer) uses to try and get out of warrantying an issue. How the heck are you supposed to "note this during the or at the inspection" when it isn't apparent until after being driven with wind/rain and who knows what else hitting it?? I am familiar with paint fairly well, having worked in the auto parts field and selling paint to body shops and it's likely the problem is as your brother mentions. Anytime you paint plastic, fiberglass or even metal, you have to use the correct products UNDER the paint such as adhesion promoters, sealers, primers, etc. I won't get into the details because there are so many different types of paint (lacquer, enamel, base coat, etc.) which require different methods. I can tell you straight up, when paint peels like what's shown in your pictures, it isn't "normal" and is caused by poor paint techniques/products. I'd raise a stink like none other with THOR and even threaten a lawsuit if necessary. To pay so much for a MH and have this happen so soon is UNACCEPTABLE, PERIOD. The bugs and dings are to be expected but not to have paint peeling like this. Just hope the rest of the MH doesn't do something similar. Years back, GM had a problem with the clear coat coming off some of their vehicles, they would warranty them IF you reported the problem. I wouldn't roll over on this one.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum