Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 31L & Solar
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #5
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I don't know.... not likely two batteries...although I prob would have gone with a true deep cycle had I been able to find one when my battery died while on a trip.
I do like the idea of a small inverter.... just big enough for my coffee maker...but another low priority thing that I can't justify to even try selling to DW

and yes, the roofs are basically the same...I was thinking more about little things....specific cable routing, controller location, etc... it's all subtle, and no big deal really... but cabinet layout, battery location, fridge location, etc... make for a bit of a difference.

for example...I'm toying with the idea of dropping the cable down the fridge chimney
I could go from there into the cabinet above the fridge for the controller and then cable down behind the stove and sink to the water tank & pump area, then down and out to the batteries that are under the entrance stairs. But that cabinet over the fridge gets hot as it is, so...
I could do all the same except mount the controller inside the water pump area
or do a panel mount type controller and install it right in the same panel with all the master switches near the entrance...
or I could drop the cable form the roof down several other entirely different places....

It would be great for 'brainstorming' to see what others did and why they chose what they did...would they do it differently for some reason, etc...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum