Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Chatesu E350
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 12:54 AM   #6
ro1sthd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #2690
2014 Thor Chateau 22E. I've had Class C's in the past. Everyone of them is built on a cab and Chassis cut away from the manufacturer like Ford and Chevy and now Sprinter. The standard E-350 and E-450 have no suspension upgrades besides frame extension modifications usually by a company called MorRide and others. Once the coach company builds out the motorhome with all the added weight, no adjusting of alignment is made from the original factory cab/chassis alignment. First thing I do is buy a set of Ingalls Engineering 59400 Fully Adj Camber Bushings. I take the coach down to a company that aligns Semi trucks and motorhomes. I have them install the Ingalls (installed in the upper ball joint) which are fully adjustable and you don't pay for shims all the time to adjust the Camber (tire alignment leaning left/right, not toe in or out). Second is correct tire air pressure. Now your coach will drive well under perfect conditions. Next I install a new front sway bar replacing the pathetic OEM with a 1 3/8" Hellwig sway bar followed up with the installation of a Blue Ox Track bar for the rear. this will almost eliminate any sway by strong winds, Semi's passing and towing.
Next, Billstein's or Koni's will really help the ride and stability over the stock POS'es, I like Billstein for the price. The Safety-Plus steering centering device is great for centering the coach on uneven surfaces and will save your butt if you have a complete front tire blow out as far a keeping it straight and getting off the road safely. The last thing I did was install the Firestone RideRite air bags which really helps with varying load you pack in your coach and towing different loads like I do. Really takes out the harshness of the rear spring. This is just from experience and what I've done to eliminate suspension issues as I became more familiar with Class C's over the years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum