Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #85
Cason61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mred View Post
Posted this on FB, the Thor Sprinter-Based RV's: Siesta, Synergy, Chateau, Four Winds page.....Thought it made sense here.

Think about it how many Ford 150's or iphones get made in year compared to any RV on the market. R&D and quality control costs are spread between millions of units vs a few thousand MH's. These are hand built by a very specialized workforce of very few people, when compared to an automaker.

I don't believe there is a 5 star motor coach.

If you spend anytime on the internet that fact quickly becomes clear.

Every coach is a compromise, wish we had bigger grey and freshwater tanks. But we have huge outside storage. The design, thus the monitoring of the grey tank is terrible but we love the way the interior works for us. Things I thought would be an issue (no direct outside stove vent fan) turn out not to be a problem.

Thor customer service has been great. They sent me drawings for the electrical, plumbing and other systems to help me troubleshoot. My BIL has a 2013 Thor. CS has been very helpful answering his questions and trouble shooting a electrical issue on a unit he purchased used.

If you want to be totally hands free and afraid to make small repairs or install modifications to your MH then don't buy any MH.

Like anything the fewer systems the less that can go wrong. No stabilizers or levelers, simple propane/electric refrigerator, the only moving part that worries me is the slides. Which are working fine. Two house batts seems to be fine for 3 days off grid. No solar needed right now. We don't full time so keeping to basics is easy.

At this point (almost 1 year in) the coach is 100% with help from Thor, the dealer, and some work on our part. We could not be happier.
That's true about all the storage space. My last TT from another company had two only, so stuff needed on the left of the TT went in the left compartment, stuff used on the right, in the right side. The MH we have about 6 compartments per side. Same method but I got a label maker and taped out what items (bbq grill, batteries, toolbox etc ) goes in which place. Don't know why they have two different types of locks and keys for the sides but they do.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum