Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #12
Calman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
Before I "aged" into trikes (now ride 1800cc Gold Wing) used a Harbor Freight 48x96 folding trailer for a lot of things. In that list were hauling a 1996 535cc Verago, a 500cc Royal Enfield with sidecar, and a triked out 2009 750cc Honda Shadow. Unfortunately when I moved up to the Gold Wings I had to get a longer and wider trailer.

Once I put a deck and removable side rails on the trailer I was able the to use it for hauling kayaks, trash, tools, etc. AND motorcycles. The three great features when used for motorcycles was ease of loading due to the folding feature (tilted deck back, ride up and weight would level out deck) and plenty of deck room for more storage. The latter included extra 5 gallon gas cans (chained to side rails) and a couple of waterproof, plastic footlockers which I anchored to the deck and used honesty padlocks. Footlockers were great for stowing motorcycle gear, rachet tiedowns, and covers and extra outdoor gear.

Once back home the footlockers went on the garage shelves and the trailer side rails removed and tied down to deck floor and the entire thing was folded up and leaned against a wall.

Can get one for under $400.00 and with a 20% off coupon can save enough to pay for decking and wood for side rails.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum