Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
Fourwinds

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwind Super C
State: Florida
THOR #11938
Bad Fuel or bad tank

My 2015 Thor Fourwinds Super C with 11,000mi is in the shop and I almost had heart failure. I had a check engine light come on returning from an outing. Took it to local Ford dealer who specializes in RV repair.

Was told ejector was bad, covered under warranty, no problem, they got it right in and fixed it. Went on another weekend adventure same check light coming home. Took it back, was told another ejector was bad and they found rust in my fuel tanks

THEN...... was told to clean tanks and entire fuel system and replace ejector it would be i the neighborhood of $12,000!! Yes that is the correct number of zeros. I told them no way I would be over to get it. All they did was do a diagnostic for check light and fuel sample out of each tank...$500

I took it home, on the way it shut off going down the road but I went to neutral and it instantly restarted and I drove on. I changed the fuel filters myself and found absolutly clear fuel and no foreign material in the primary filter. Im so confused, have an appointment at local diesel machanic to get another opinion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum