Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 09:39 PM   #10
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick kirby View Post
we have no CAT scales anywhere around where i live, we used a pair of truck scales that the weigh master used to use.
now the million dollat question : why weigh the rig when the tire sticker inside the coach says the pressure to use ?
You weigh the coach to the balance of the coach when loaded and adjust the tire pressures accordingly. The recommended tire pressure on the door stick is calculated by using the max axle loads. A summing you have the 8,000 lb front axle and 5203 psi per tire, that figures to 4,000 lbs per tire. It is the pressure in the tire that holds up the coach. The tire is just there to contain the air pressure. So, 5203lbs @120 psi; 4,770 lbs @ 110; 4,337 lbs @ 100 psi; 3,904 lbs @ 90 psi and so on. It is the same for the rear but the max tire pressure has to be adjusted for duals because duals run 10 to 20 degrees hotter than singles. I suggest that you will probably come close to the 14,000 rear axle load so that is where the 100 psi comes from.

I doubt you will ever come close to the 8,000 lbs on the front. My little coach with smaller tires only has 5,100 lbs on the front loaded to the max while the rear is maxed at 12,000 lbs.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum