Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 03:35 AM   #9
Yvonnemarc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Following our Northeast winter cleaning the basement doors I noticed rust on the lock to the TV compartment. Upon closer inspection and removing the lock I noted the internal door (material between the internal and external laminate) was very wet. Couple things I noticed, Thor didn't put a rubber seal on the exterior of the lock cylinder. The second and probably more of a culprit to the wet door material is the two small weep holes in the frame of the door (you can feel them if you run your fingers under the frame). The frame of the door sits very close to the frame of the opening and water sits between the two and due to the relative closeness the holes actually allow the water to wick up into the door. I went on CH751.com and ordered some new locks and made sure they have rubber seals. As for the frame holes I'll seal them and caulk the lower door frame to keep moisture out as I'm sure this frame around the exterior laminate allows water to enter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum