Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 02:13 AM   #1
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
I should have known better, but...

So here I am a year after buying a new FW 24F and looking at a class A. It had been a good decade since I last spent any real time in a motorhome when we bought this. In the meantime we had a small travel trailer we did our best to wear out. We used it so much more than we expected we traded up for a 37-footer (TT).

Then the kids all grew up and left me without any help setting up and breaking down camp. Wife and I had come to an agreement years ago the best thing for our marriage was for her to walk the dog while I took care of it. We wanted to get back on the road more, but we wanted MH conveniences.

So 10+ years of innovations, changes, and manufacturers consolidating I did a lot of research and landed on our Four Winds. I wanted to start small and learn what we really want/need and could live with. So 12 months and 12k miles later we realize we need (want) class A room and storage. And I am having issues with the D-word...DEPRECIATION. But I suppose one was to look at is it's the cost of learning.

Fortunately, I have a connection at a local RV store who gives me keys and lets me pick apart different rigs. Saturday I spent 7 hours there literally crawling under and through everything I could think of on a few models I had narrowed down our search to. Salesmen aren't any help at all. We here know more about these things and what to look for than they do. So...now come the negotiations. I shot a number at them late today so I will get the first ridiculous offer tomorrow I assume.

Fingers crossed...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum