Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Aria 3601
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 11:44 PM   #18
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
for us, the motorcoach gives a lot of easy options when it comes to simply 'overnighting', whether at an rv park or campground, or just in the far reaches of a large parking lot...

once I park, and turn off the coach, I really don't 'have' to do anything, not even run out the slides. I don't 'have' to drop the bags, or even put down the levelers, if I don't really want to... and sometimes that makes a lot of sense. Stealth.

We owned a fifth-wheel 40' bunkhouse... we get the difference, it can be a BIG difference. We would have to stop and pull over and 'hope' that while we used our own restroom, the wind from passing trucks wouldn't tip us over while we were 'in the john'! Also, when you want to simply stop for an overnight, you 'must' have a very flat surface or else you are going to be really uncomfortable. Sometimes, you can't really even do stealth parking since you 'must' run out the slides to even access all the areas.
Our fifth required the main slide to access the fridge, and the bedroom slide to access the restroom and the bedroom... so at least two of four would have to be out.

While if you are a 'larger' profile you may not find most ClassA access to the restroom or rear bedroom available easily without the slides out, ours works easily for us, though our layout, with the forward facing master bed, gives us options that even some larger coaches won't have. Most of the coaches with slide mount master beds require you to run out the slide, or either crawl over the bed to the rear restroom.

With a ClassA diesel, with air bags, you have options you don't get with even Class A Gas units - the air bags can drop you down onto the chassis, giving you a 'firmer' overnight, without 'having' to deploy the levelers. Diesels also sit much lower, so dropping the bags gives you very easy 'entry', with some coaches only having a single entry step, like ours.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum