Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Traveling solo
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #12
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzyone View Post
Thanks much! My first trip was a big one...went to Utah. I just bought a Chevy Spark to tow...I think that has upped my level of nervousness...thinking about hooking and unhooking tow car. Perhaps I need to stop thinking so much!
You are further ahead than me in that department! I still don't have a toad, but I'm looking. What year is the Sparks?

You are so right! Don't overthink it, just do your best. At first, you may feel uncomfortable askin what you might believe are foolish questions (but everyone was a rookie at some point - I still am!). Just find something you're willing to take a chance on, something you feel comfortable bringing to the guys, & extend to them jus a 'lil bit of trust - they'll prove their mettle!

I've learned over the past few months that they really mean it. They've got your back - they've had mine from day one, even tho I didn't believe it, not at first. You'll develop a sense of those you can best relate to, or work with & you'll learn more than you thought you had to - or wanted to...

I still havta remind myself to breathe thru the unexpected, it's jus part of the rv &/or fulltimin package. Often, it's my service dog, Radar, who gives me a look that reminds me to snap outta the paralysis that can accompany the unexpected . Radar definitely tunes into my sudden, "oh sh:t" moments. So do the guys (hmmm, shared canine traits of service & loyalty? - okay, couldn't resist, lol). Anyway, Radar's look can snap me outta of it & get me trackin again (but don't tell him that, lol!), & the guys make sure I don't blow sheis up - at least not unintentionally!

I've caught myself physically holdin my breath at times; but then I remember the guys are out there & they're serious about helpin. They don't always have the answer you need right away, but they'll help you find it & keep you laughin while they're at it.

They won't try to do it for you & they'll fight valiantly the innate desire of all good men to save the damsel in distress. They won't push you to take on more than your ready for, but they'll encourage you every step of the way (if that's what you want).

They'll often bat ideas, problems, & possible solutions all around the group to come up w/a consensus (usually, lol!). They'lll support your learnin, commiserate w/your "builds character" moments, & cheer your successes. Is it that obvious I'm their greatest fan?

Just think of them as "trainin wheels" (sorry guys, couldn't think of a better analogy), & then just settle down, breathe, & enjoy the adventure. You've got this!

Oh, & share some stories & pix from your adventures!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190418_161219.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	16844

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum