Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 05:23 AM   #19
property@wvi.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #8222
I have a 2014 Thor Ace 27.1.
I had a slow drip on my drivers side dash. It was coming from the area of the driver side upper windsheild corner. It filled a half a cup in month of heavy rain here in Oregon.

I used flowing silicon winsheild repair on the outside driver side upper windshield molding where it appeared to be seperated very slightly from fiberglass.

I calked the molding with RV non flowing rv calk on the driver side front to sides molding where it was slightly seperated.

I calked the upper drivers side upper amber clearance light as it appeared to need it.

The side mirror were loose and I tightened the screws holding them to frame and calked around them.

The upper corner between the front to side molding was seperated 3/4 inch and I calked it closed.

I let all the calking dry for 40 hours then I ran water hose sprayer over that upper roof corner that corner 5 minutes down on to the windshield and drivers side. No water dripped inside. However near the end of the day I noticed there was a little water coming out of the bottom of the winsheild molding on drivers side. Water had made its way down the windsheild into the bottom molding and very slowly leaked out the bottom of the molding. I lifted the wet area under the bottom of the molding ever so slightly and the water came right out. The molding was loose for about a foot at least. With my finger the molding came right out sightly and when I pushed it popped back into place.

The sealant was not sealing on the bottom of the windsheild on drivers side. I don’t know if you can purchase some windsheild sealant and fill it in under the molding and pop ii back in place. Or maybe I should call windsheild repair company to look at it and maybe reseal the whole windsheild?

I have had to replace the hydraulic leveling system., the step motor, and the rubber mats on the interior steps came apart.

The front end was 25/32 out when checked and adjusted to 1/32 in. Added a shim. Added new Michelin front tires at only 10k miles. Added Safety/plus and CHF on both sway bars and the shaking stopped and the stearing was much improved to where I can drive down freeway with one hand and not have to use 2 hands to constantly keep it in the lane. Passing trucks is improved from swaying too.

After I cleaned roof I notice the other clearance front roof amber lights appear to not be sealed so they will need to be calked. Also I noticed the top rear corner where back, sides and roof come together had silicon looking clear calking that appear to need attention also. Generally the upper calking was pretty good but I found few places whete it looks like more calking is needed.

The cabinet side upper doors front and back hydraulic holders came disattached where screws stripped from wood. Replaced with larger screws.

This Ace 27.1 MH seems to need constant attention, just when you fix one thing something else is needed to be fixed.

Not like buying a car where the quality is much better.

The Radio/camera screen went out but when I sent video to
Manufacturer showing 12v was getting to it, the manufactured replaced it with a rebuilt one which worked when I plugged it in. 212T model. That was after one yr warranty.

Anyone else have this windsheild molding seperation problem? Never had that happen on my cars going back over 50 years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum