Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 03:25 AM   #70
dlbeck27

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: California
THOR #2917
Noticed water dripping from underneath my 2016 Chateau 31L this afternoon. I shut off the city water and removed inside access panel above where the water was draining out.
Inside is the fresh water tank and water pump.
First thing I noticed was that the water tank was full. It was empty when we started the trip.
Second thing I noticed was there was a large amount of water pooled on the deck below the water pump.
Third thing I noticed was that the pan below the water tank had about a quarter inch of water in it.
After reading all of the comments here I took the easiest step and checked the water pump filter. It was clogged with plastic debris. See the attached picture.
After that I dried everything as much as I could and ran the pump for a couple of minutes. No leaks.
I marked the water level on the side of the tank. Used a green Bingo pen that hadn't been used for awhile so it ran down the side of the tank.
I turned off the water pump and turned the city water back on. Ran water through the sink faucet for a minute or so. No leaks.
After an hour the water level has not changed, the deck is dry and the pan is dry.

Thank you everyone on this thread. Your comments helped solve the problem.
Dave
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190608_183849.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	18019Click image for larger version

Name:	20190608_183941.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	18020
dlbeck27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum