Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 08:52 PM   #17
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Great info..... thanks.

No mention of what the difference was between "Economy and Premium" in your attachment. Have you see any other info on that?

I wonder if that a "price thing" or "MPG thing". "Economy" might be less HP and less bells and whistles at a lower "economy" price??

Like to see the MPG on both models too.....Must be a little better than the current v10 with cleaner emissions.

I haven’t seen any information as to how the “Premium” and “Economy” engines will differ in the E-Series, but you guys may be interested in noting one detail that was disclosed (probably accidentally) by Ford with the latest 2020 Super Duty Tremor off-road package. In the Tremor video, the tachometer which is only visible for an instant appears to have a significantly higher engine redline than what was previously shown for the E-Series. This suggest more power.

My guess is that Ford will have a higher power rating on the Tremor 7.3L V8 similar to when they introduced the 6.2L SOHC V8, and tuned it for more power in the F-150 Raptor. It shouldn’t affect motorhome engines, but may show the new 7.3L can be modified for more power (not that it will need it). We’ll have to see over next month or two.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBE1D201-0BC4-43E4-9962-5D3EE9E6E08A.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	18560   Click image for larger version

Name:	F4407C60-EC03-46C3-8479-042712A048F1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	18562  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum