Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #16
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Thank God AFCI's are not required in the RV world. Gfi's are problematic enough.
I put CAFCI in all circuits when I converted the coach to 50 amps. Last year, I had the water heater 120 volt power partially trip showing an arc fault. I checked the junction box where the water heater relay is located and found one wire nut partially melted and the black wire scorched. Other than that, the 10 CAGFCIs have worked just like a normal magnet circuit breaker. I even have one in front of the bathroom GFCI in the bathroom and there has not been a problem. I have already experienced an electrical fire in my motor coach in 2008 and never want to experience another one.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum