Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 09:36 AM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantwell Troy View Post
Here is what I think happened to the black water tank. I think the seals on the valve allowed the liquid to pass but not the solids. I will stick a hose in it tomorrow and try flushing it out. I don't have much room in the tank. I put a small pump in the toilet and pumped all the liquid I could out and made a little room for tonights guests. Why in the heck is the grey water tank not draining? I can run a hose into the tank. I blew compressed air thru both vent pipes. I blew air into the gray tank and black tank. The monitor reads the grey tank as half full and it will not drain. It has a open valve and monitor reads empty usually.
Two separate tanks... each with their own valve... so lets assume two separate but coincidental problems.

Grey Tank...... Is it possible your sensor in the gray tank is giving you a false reading? Either a faulty sensor or debris on the sensor may be saying it is half full when it is actually empty. If you close your Grey Tank valve and run the water a bit and then open the valve, can you hear or see water drain to confirm it is a sensor and the tank really is empty?

Blank Tank..... Your leaking valve seals could be the issue. Do you feel any resistance when you try to open and close the valve? The other possibility is that the stem pulled out of the gate valve or the top of the gate valve snapped off and the valve is not really opening at this point to allow the tank to drain. Valterra actually sells replacement rods for their gate valves.

I know you have a mess on your hands but maybe you can call a mobile port-a-jon pump out service and have them put the hose down the toilet to pump out the black tank. Then you can take apart the valve to see what you are dealing with at this point.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum