Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #1
Skywrench

Brand: DRV
Model: Full House JX450
State: Arkansas
THOR #17747
New DRV and Brass Anderson Valve

Received our new JX450 just before Christmas and after bringing it back to the park where we full time, noticed a small drip under the water panel. Checked it out and found more than half of the plastic fittings that screw on to the 3 way water heater valve and 4 way water valve were fairly loose. The valves are all brass but the hose fittings are plastic. Tightened every fitting back there by hand as tight as I can manage. Pulled some of the insulation up and put a fan in there to dry things out. Two were still found leaking the next day. After more investigation it looks like the plastic fittings bottom out on the brass valve before the seals are adequately compressed. I have a pair of 6” (small) channel locks and tightened the fittings a little more over the next few days and stopped the leaks but now I worry that the plastic fittings may decide to crack at some future time. Checking here to see if others have seen the same issue. I’m thinking it would be nice to find a PEX hose fitting (hopefully brass) that is more compatible with the brass valves. If I find such a fitting, I would replace them all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum