Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 11:29 PM   #1
ETS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: VEGAS 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #3213
Just turned 5k miles

Taking our VEGAS 24.1 to have oil changed after 5k miles. We toad our F150 and had no issues. I have read many horror stories on this forum and feel sorry for those who have had so many problems. We had boats prior to our RV and believe me I know what it is like to experience warranty and quality issues. A lot of it is luck of the draw. We had three Wellcrafts, boats, two were incredible machines the other was a lemon?

Last trip was from Nags Head to Daytona. Made a mistake stopping at a rest stop on I95, stayed beside some trucks that ran generators continuously. We lasted about 4 hours. Next stop North Beach Saint Augustine. Wonderful park next to beach and three restaurants - we later learned two were owned by the park. Stayed there eight days and then went South to Ormond Beach.

We stayed at Sunshine park an Encore property and it was terrible. Dirty loud and rude- a first for us. First time we were glad to leave a park. Next off to Savannah stayed at Camp Lake Jasper. Nice park, plenty of room to stretch out. Ice up though - they are proud of their ice at over 3 bucks for 10 lbs.

After maintenance we are heading South again - We found a KOA North of Charleston that we want to check out. Then either to HO HUM Gulf Coast FL or to the keys.

So far so good - have meet a lot of wonderful folks so far.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum