Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 11:49 PM   #16
Porkchop

Brand: DRV
Model: 44' Santa Fe
State: Montana
THOR #2053
Dave=most of the info you have given about LLC's is completely wrong. COMPLETELY. Most banking institutions will not loan money to an LLC unless the the financial requirements are met. Not likely in an LLC set up for the purpose of owning an RV, and even if they do you still can not just walk away from it unencumbered.
We set up an LLC, purchased for cash, paid NO sales tax, Paid $80 for a life time license plate, no other taxes or fees of any kind, and are not required to stop at a scale or port of entry anywhere.
My insurance carrier doesn't care how it is titled. Still insures it under my wife's name (her LLC) at a non-commercial rate. How would the guy in the scale know it was owned by an LLC?
There was NO expense in regard to the LLC ownership other than $150 to an attorney to park the title there. Let's see $8500 sales tax + $750 for license plate, (plate due every year), or $150 1 time to the attorney. Got me scratching my head.
DRV does not care either. Still have the same warranty as everybody else.

Bill

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum