Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:16 PM   #11
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Phil --

The first thing he should check is whether that price is real. When I bought my 2015 Vegas my out the door price was $74,900. That included options: 15K A/C, Outside TV, Two house batteries, MaxxAir fans in bedroom & living room, Black & Gray tank heaters. It also included FL sales tax, title, and license. No way I can believe he can get a new Axis/Vegas from 'Madman Mertz Cheapo RVs" for $14 - $54,000.

Second thing he needs to find out is does that discount dealer have a service facility, and if so how far will he have to drive for warranty work. And we all know -- THER WILL BE WARANTy WORK. He also needs to determine if after driving to that discount dealer's service facility to validate the warranty repair, will he have to leave the RV there waiting for the part and repair schedule.

Tell him to just read the horror stories here (or on any other RV forum) about the months that owners have had no access to their RV awaiting repair. There was one owner in the Thor Forums whose RV was at the dealer for something like 9 months awaiting slide repair -- and then when they got the RV back the slide was not repaired correctly. There was also the description of a Newmar owner one of our folks met who has a defective dishwasher. The Dishwasher manufacturer would not honor the warranty because the dishwasher was designed for house use only -- not bouncing around in a RV. The Newmar factory agreed to replace the dishwasher, now all he has to do is drive 1000 miles to the factory.

I would say that price differential would have to be pretty high before I'd buy from anyone other than my local dealer. First off, I'm going to research all the dealers in my area for ratings about their service. Most dealers can give you a good deal on price. But the convenience of having a dealer whose service you trust and is local -- to me -- far outweighs price.

... just the humble opinion of an awful frugal Yankee.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum