Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 05:12 AM   #11
karwask

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.4
State: Oregon
THOR #4548
TyCreek,

Those are excellent points for consideration. I knew that the whole weight thing was complicated so appreciate your pointing out the CCC aspect. I've yet to explore tank capacity but know that this is also something to be looked at as well.

Most interesting to me is your point about being slow on the hills: something I am concerned about. I understood that diesel might be better than gas for reasons having to do with torque? I'd love it you and/or others would weigh in on this a bit more. That could be quite a decisive factor in my ultimate decision.

One other thing about tank capacity: Is there any point in getting a composting toilet? I imagine it would free up more of the fresh water for potable water and greywater use at least. I don't imagine there's any way to convert the blackwater tank to another type of water use?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum