Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 12:00 AM   #19
xrxcse

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass
State: Florida
THOR #3948
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKConey View Post
Other questions and reports about my Compass:

Twice the fridge has stopped working with an error code. Had to be reset by the dealer. I was told all is OK. May have been because it was parked on an Incline? So every time it's on my driveway, I can't use the fridge!

Have you figured out what the extra 2 valves above the dump valves are? I was told the shower water goes into the black tank? Then why 2 gray tanks?

Have you found a fresh water tank drain?

• Beware the frame around the front skylight has a tendency to fall out. It's held up by double sided tape and Velcro.

No Manuel is a disgrace.
My fridge had an error "n" when I was on shore power in the driveway when I brought mh home. Norcold owners manual said it needed to go to dealer. I found on Lance camper website a reset procedure for my fridge. Here it is:
  • Turn fridge off then on
  • Press and hold both the temp set and mode buttons-as soon as the screen reads 1,release them (This is diagnostic mode, screen 1)
  • Press mode button to move through the diagnostic screens until you get to screen 6
  • When you get to screen 6, it will flash Er
  • Press and hold temp set button until it reads CL then release temp set
  • Wait 5 seconds, press temp set button again, it should read Er again and the n code should be gone.
  • To exit diagnostic mode, either press and hold temp set and mode,or turn it off and on
This worked for me. I found a spot in the driveway where I am level enough w/o ramps for the fridge to work.

The 2 valves are for the 2 grey tanks. One is for the kitchen sink and the other is for bathroom sink and shower. Toilet goes to the black tank. I dump black tank and then follow with both grey tanks to help rinse dump hose.

The fresh water drain valve is located inside the long outside storage compartment under slide area. open hatch and to the left you will see a false wall secured by 2 screws. Back out the screws so you can remove panel. You should see your water pump inside that cavity. The fresh water drain valve is just behind the pump. You will be able to see where it goes to the tank. While you are in there twist off the clear filter housing on top of pump and clean the screen. Mine had lots of plastic shavings in it. I check it after every trip until it shows no more debris. My fresh water drain was draining into dump compartment. Dealer put on an extended hose that came out under coach. I am thinking of putting some kind of valve on the extension so I don't have to go through storage compartment to open valve.
Hope this helps

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum