Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 02:01 AM   #9
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrincipal
We own a Thor ACE 2015, 30.1 we bought a eztow dolly to tow our car. The EZ tow calls for the 2" ball to be 14" to 16" inches from the ground. This is a great dolly except for going into a dip in the road such as driving into gas stations. Every time we drove into a dip, the bottom of the dolly dragged the street. It was so bad that it cut the lights cord on one dip. I had to re-wire it to have tail and brake lights on the trailer. The next time it broke off the emergency brake line. When I raised the trailer up to about 18" inches, the car kept moving away from the front bar, and had to be re-tighten on every stop.
Interesting, our EZ tow dolly hasn't hit bottom at all, and we haven't dragged anything. Do you keep your toad in neutral while towing or leave it in park? I've found that leaving the car in neutral allows the wheels to rotate when the dolly rotates due to ramps/hills/dips/etc. and this keeps the straps tight. If I leave the car in park the wheels spin inside the straps and loosens them up adding wear to the straps.

In addition: This thread is about the bathroom sink draining into the black water tank, not really about toad issues.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum