Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
Calico

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Cool sounds like Camping World to me...

Our new Vegas 25.3 came completely loaded with an optional rain-leak that CW has not been able to find/repair. Out of frustration, I started speaking with a couple of very nice gentlemen at Thor who have been extremely forthcoming with information and help. When hubby and I brought it back to CW after 2 days of ownership, CW had told me that it would take "at least a month" for Thor to approve the warranty work and ship parts needed for our 'laundry-list' of nit-noid repairs needed. (At the time, they were pretty sure they could find and stop the rain leak also, but that has yet to happen.) I was outraged that a person can spend that type of money, essentially getting another mortgage!!!... and not be able to use their RV for at least a month. That's when I called Thor who assured me that the time-wait is NOT on them; they approve warranty repairs within 2 days and ship parts in the same time span.... He DID, however, tell me that this is an ongoing problem with CW, as understandably, they are quite busy in the spring and summer, but way understaffed in the service department. Proof-positive of this is the FACT that my CW service dept. rarely even answers their phone or messages.
The second gentleman I spoke with was even more of a fount of information, as he looked up my 'account' and read to me, word-for-word, what Thor had been billed for on Warranty. Wouldn't you know it, there were some pretty large service items on there, possibly with parts, that I can guarantee were not performed, nor even needed... not on MY RV, anyway. One billed item was for something beneath the coach that was reported to be 'dented' and needing R/R. When I spoke with CW service department, they had absolutely no knowledge of this "repair" and it was not even noted on our copy of the paperwork.
Sorry this rant is so long, but the long and short of it is that you should contact Thor directly. Put them on the stand with regards to the approval and shipping time that 'you've been told is on them'. They will contact your dealership/service dept. and make things right. Heck, my Thor guy even gave me his number to pass along to CW service dept. in case they needed parts; he would expedite them! (Either that, or they'd have a nice chat about the real bitchy customer who keeps bugging them...). At any rate, my last trip to CW repair was a very fast one.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum