Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 02:06 PM   #15
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Nope, the couch sits further from the wall because of the table storage. There really is no reason it couldn't be right up against the wall without the storage. There is no slide mechanism or wiring behind there (for the Schwintek slides all the "mechanism" is in the non-moving walls and the racks mounted on the slide--this is probably why Thor likes this mechanism as it takes up very little room). The slide itself is basically a big "cup".

Ours has a 12V light and a couple of 120V outlets in the slide and you can see where the wire is on the back side of the slide (below the couch). They left plenty of wire and room for it to move around when the slide moves--I don't see having a problem with that ever.

This video shows you how little there is to the Schwintek system (and probably why its not suited for a full-wall side!):
Jamie, I was not referring to the slide or slide mechanism itself in any way. I often hate writing a page-long post but when I don't the meaning doesn't come across as intended. My bad -- wish I could write clearer.

I was referring to the fact that because the 24.1 has a slide, the couch is much shorter because the end walls subtract almost a foot from available length. Without a slide the couch is a jackknife that allows sleeping lengthwise in motorhome, whereas with 24.1 Thor uses a completely different couch that opens across the motorhome to sleep transversely (which causes another "space" compromise I won't get into).

My question remains about the couch itself because as I recall when it is open to sleep, it extends fairly close to wall. Or it needs the clearance to open. Perhaps they have changed it or I don't recall correctly.

Regarding couch being 6 inches farther from wall just to store a table, that would seem very inefficient use of space.

The only time I looked at a 24.1 couch closely was with eye towards replacing it with a dinette, so I didn't pay enough attention to other details. I need forward facing seats so a couch won't work for us regardless.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum