Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #23
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Personnally, I don't see it as that important in buying at a dealer close to you vs. somewhere else that gives you a better deal. One thing to consider also in buying locally is the fact that someone is driving the rig from Elkhart to that dealership. They may be driving it much less careful than you would over potholes galore, running off the road, sleeping in it overnight if long distance or whatever comes to mind plus racking up miles. I considered this a positive in picking it up at T. Value with only 30 miles on the odometer.

As far as the cooking, the convectiion m/w will take care of most oven baking needs and allows more storage which we felt we would need. But that was just our preference. If you are planning on getting an oven, you would surely want the 15,000 BTU optional a/c. Think the 12,500 is standard.

Larry

A good point you make on the unit getting to the dealer. I always thought they deliver the same way cars get to dealers; on the back of big truck. But no huh? Being from Colorado and Western Colorado to boot, it's a good 1800 miles over to Elkart, but heck just a plane ride and a cab ride i expect. How much less did the unit cost you at TV rather than your local quotes? While i was writing this email, I got a call from a salesman at TV by the name of Chad Rothrock. He says his relative is the national sales manager for Thor and owns the dealership. Do you know the dude? lol

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum