Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Here are a couple of photographs.

This is the right-side taillight. When I opened it up, it was all wet inside:

After it dries out, I will seal the wood with epoxy, and new gaskets (they came in today).

And incredibly, when I opened up the left side, I saw perhaps the worst example yet of shoddy workmanship.

If you look at the photo below carefully, you can see a black and white wire coming from the license plate light, and simply run up the outside of the coach, and into the bottom of the main tail light. No effort to conceal it, no effort to waterproof it, and no expense was spared to do shoddy work.

This almost borders on negligence as it is not inconceivable that these wires might short out as they are pinched to the wall by the tail light bezel.

So I re-routed the wire through a bushing, and then epoxied the bushing, and siliconed the wire so it came out inside of the license plate light housing. I had to splice the wire as they did not leave any slack - another example of shoddy workmanship.

This is what should have been done in the first place.

Now I am waiting a day or two for the wood to dry out before I "paint" the wood with epoxy to waterproof it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum