Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Bird testing?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 12:26 AM   #19
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
It's really a complex issue - especially when you throw 12v into the mix and three different charging systems. It took me over two weeks of talking to Thor, the BIRD people and the Trombetta rep before I figured out that Thor had wired my BIRD incorrectly. Even then it took a guy on another RV forum to help me find the courage to cut one off the wires and rerout it. Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be. if your house batteries are really charging on both shore power and generator, then it probably narrows down your problem to the BIRD and/or Trombetta. On mine, the red wire that was supposed to go to the house batteries was hooked up to somewhere?? But not to the house batteries. When I cut the red wire and routed it directly to the Tronbetta, all my problems went away. One mistake at the factory can cause a world of hurt. If your system worked once and now does not, that certainly raises the odds that something (like the BIRD and /or the Trombetta) went bad.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum