Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 05:55 AM   #1
Ashburner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1214
Im too young for this

No offence to anyone. So, to the story, my name is Ash and I went tent camping this past weekend the the wife and kids 10 and 7. Giant thunderstorm rolled in the first night at 3 am and it was miserable. I got about two hours of sleep. The second night, we had 3 large groups of people camping within 20 feet of us. We were in bed and ready to sleep by 10. No one would be quiet.

I had made a poor choice at dinner and ate 3 sausages covered with mustard. I had no tums so I dealt with it for another hour. I remembered my son's chocolate milk in the ice chest and gulped it. Heartburn gone, finally got to sleep around 330 .

Woke up in a bad mood and I said that I was never camping again. So we stopped at camping world near San Antonio and left a couple of hours later with an ACE 27.1. To continue home to north houston. The wind was so bad that I that I was going to die. This thing has a mind of its own and if an 18 wheeler flyes by me, I get blown off the road and on to the shoulder. This can't be right!! My wife was following behind me and thought I was drunk.

Meanwhile, there are so many rattles and odd noises, it is driving me nutty! Today, I drove it 3 miles to a storage facility to see if it would fit and in the process, one odd the back master bedroom separator doors snapped off. What the check? Ok.. at that point I turn on the radio to head home and have horrible reception. AM doesn't work at all... did they not hook up the antennas.?? Oh, and for some reason, when I push the auto button, the front jacks don't do anything

The only good news from the week is that it fit in a really nice 30' enclosed storage with all the perks for 125/month which was the best I could find.

Now what should I do?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum