Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 02:27 PM   #11
TheTraveler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
Happy Campers

Coach: 2016 Thor Axis 24.1 (purchased in Aug 2016)

Owners:
Family of 3 living in Little Rock AR area

Usage: So far lots of 2-3 night stays around the state (Arkansas has a lot of beautiful state parks). We’re planning extended stays (month) in southern FL this winter.

Miles on Coach at present: ~7000

Do you pull a toad: Yes, flat towing our 2016 GMC Terrain

Mileage: We get 9-10 mpg without the toad. Mileage with the toad is about 7mpg depending on terrain and winds.

Any issues when you picked it up? Yes, back of the couch cushions were torn where the Velcro attaches. I think the fabric is too weak to pull on. It doesn’t really matter in that we never use the fold out bed. A couple of the electrical outlets pull away from the walls when you unplug things. The screws seem to have stripped out of the paneling. Since I purchased it used from CW, I’m not sure how to go about fixing it.
Warranty Issues: None yet.

Why do you love your camper:
We love the twin beds and all the outside storage as well. Pretty easy to drive and is small enough to drive pretty much anywhere. My wife has started driving and is looking forward to girl trips with her sisters (oh what fun!). While a bit on the noisy side, the engine power is sufficient even when towing our Terrain. We also really like the way the bathroom doors open up to form an extended bathroom including the closet. Since there are 3 of us, one of us sleeps in the drop down bed over the cab. We changed out 3” mattress for a real 6” mattress which makes all the difference in the world. Ideally, I would like a Coach with the added bunks (ACE 30.1), but I’d take too much of beating with the dealers to make it happen. Maybe I can find someone who wants to trade someday. All in all a very fun unit, fun to drive and fun to camp!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum