Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 04:34 AM   #7
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Thanks to all of you who thought about this and offered suggestions. I'll take a second and third look at everything before I decide on an approach.

If I do attempt to drill through the shower wall below the hot and cold handles, I think I'll start with a single hole positioned directly between the two handles (I'll drop a plum bob) about 6 to 8 inches from the shower pan. I'll use a bit that is smaller than the tube of the crazy foam, in the hope that I can keep to a minimal size and still get some foam into the opening. (I’ll probably just press the end of the tube firmly to the wall and try a brief squirt, or I’ll figure out some way to reduce the size of the tube, which, as I recall is about 1/8 inch and IMO large enough to be pretty ugly if filled with something like clear silicone.) Or maybe I can find some kind of plastic plug like Thor used….

If I take the above approach, the plan would be to work my way up the wall drilling and squirting foam every six inches or so, letting it expand and solidify prior to moving up to the next hole.

I also really like the idea of trying to get to this area in some other way as suggested by blw2 so I’m going to investigate how hard it might be to pull the refirgerator to get at the back of the shower wall. If I could pull that off, it would be ideal.

I’m not giving up on just taking the whole thing apart, either. I was hoping that someone was going to say they had done this and could tell me how hard it might be.

Thanks again for all of the comments. Whatever I do, I’ll take lots of pictures and post them to the forum.

John
Athens, GA

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum