Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:54 AM   #12
Shawn62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport. 35M
State: New York
THOR #6199
Cabangan,

You ask a very good question. The answer is not simple. I did some research on the forum about my problem. Thanks to the many people that posted their experiences and shared their knowledge I got the feeling my problem might have a simple fix. I am somewhat mechanical, well equipped with tools and retired. My dealer is 40 miles away. Usually takes 10 days to get an appointment. Usually have to leave the RV for a couple days. I have to coordinate transportation to and from the dealer because I am not set up with a toad yet. I have time to chase down a solution to the problem. This saves me time in the long run and keeps the RV available to me for use. I have never had a dealer reimburse me for fuel. Maybe they do but I never asked. When my RV is at the dealer for warranty work it takes a spot from somebody that might really need it.
I post my findings on the forum to help others out that may have a similar problem and could be out of warranty. My way of paying it forward.
I use the warranty for serious repairs or when it is convenient for me. Some owners have a good relation with their dealer. The owners get repair parts from the dealer and fix defects themselves.
What ever works for you. Different strokes for different folks etc.

Like I said, good question, not so simple answer. Good luck with your RV. May the Forum be with you!

Shawn

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum