Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: PDI Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #21
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerChips View Post
I have some of that going on in my ACE what was the cure for your charging?
If you mean the cure for the generator/shore power not charging the chassis battery, my problem was that the BIRD was miswired at the factory and the wire that was supposed to run from the BIRD to the coach batteries went somewhere - I never figured out where - but not to the coach batteries. So, the BIRD did not receive the correct voltage read from the coach battery and did not open the Trombetta, so the Chassis battery would not charge off of the generator/shore power. It was a simple fix, I ran the BIRD sensing wire directly to the left post of the Trombetta, which is hooked directly to the coach batteries and have never had another problem. (It took me two weeks to figure that out since I was the first to experience this issue) Other people have had a bad BIRD or many coaches (maybe ACE) have a BCC (battery control center) and that was bad. For an indepth discussion if this issue download Ed Felker's Axis/Vegas manual.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum