Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #25
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfred View Post
thank you for your advice!I will certainly heed it and try to get a resolution in a nice way.Im sure you can understand that I am extremely frustrated and disappointed today.My Axis is now worth nothing with the water damage due to their negligence!Time to go kiss my Wife again!
I can understand and I've been there (but on smaller ticket items like DirecTV) and figure there's a decent chance I'll be just as frustrated with my soon to be new Thor RV, because it's the state of the RV industry. Not just Thor. It's the case with the bit three for sure, and a lot of the so called, premium smaller outfits.

Companies like Tiffen have done a better job of fixing out of warranty issues that were clearly manufacturing defects, but big companies aren't going to do that routinely, so you are going to have to work, and work civilly, to have a chance at resolution.

By the way, the words we use have very different effect on how people react to them. For instance, if you say to most customer service personal, "I'm considering getting a lawyer," many, if not most, are trained to do nothing else to help you and at most refer you to the legal department.

Using a word like negligence vs. "mistake during manufacturing" can have a big difference, because a word like negligence has a more legal feel to it, such as negligent homicide or that their careless action is creating great harm. Words like mistake or other non hot buttons can convey similar meanings without triggering the same negative or defensive reactions.

Personally, I tend to go that whole fly/honey/vinegar route, but I lace my honey with very matter of fact statements"...we both know what's happened to me isn't right, even if I didn't discovered it until x days after the manufacturing mistake was made. My wife and I have spent a significant amount of our retirement nest egg on this _____ and we have gotten so much enjoyment from it and love our _____. However, because it took some time for the damage from the seal that wasn't installed during manufacturing to become evident, I've found myself in a very tough position and I keep being told various forms of 'too bad, you should have made a claim, sooner.' I'm not asking for my warranty to be extended across the board, only for a little help and support dealing with what seems to be a very big mistake during the manufacture of my RV...."

It's also important to remember that the first multiple levels of CSA's and supervisors may have little or no power do make exceptions, and that one option is to very politely say, "I understand what you are saying and understand there is nothing that you can do. That said, I would like to speak to the departmental manager, can you please give me his or her contact information."

Anyway, might not get you any further along than you've gotten to date, but it seems like it's worth a shot. I tend to try and make it my mission for the people I'm talking with to try and get them to WANT to help me, even if they are restricted by corporate policy, rather than have them feel like I'm taking my frustration out on them -- even if I have every right to be frustrated. That said, that approach doesn't always work, in my personal experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum