Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 04:41 AM   #14
joethor17

State: Arkansas
THOR #8135
Quote:
Originally Posted by campincarters View Post
The first time I had to take my unit to a truck mechanic to look at the gas intake line. He said it was drooping and he fixed that. Was working fine for about a year then on my last trip it started again. The vapor canister was not responding so they replaced that. He also told me to place a board under my back tire at the gas station and change the angle a bit. He said he has had others have this happen and this seems to help. When I was getting to a gas station and unscrewed my gas cap I would get a large expelling of gas fumes and gas would spray out. I knew it was not venting so I would undo the gas cap every few hours to release pressure which seemed to work. Try pulling onto a piece of wood about 2 inches tall at the pump and change the angle. It is awful to put gas in I know but it will go just do it slowly and never overfill.

Heading to camping world in Albuquerque NM to get it checked out, they're on our route to east coast.... also noticed screws missing from the neck of the gas tank to the RV chassis... WTH!! I hope I can gas up to even make it to New Mexico!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum