Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
Wrpt58

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #8249
Hurricane Bathroom Door channel loose at ceiling

A couple of days ago, I noticed the Bathroom door channel "hanging" down from the ceiling. What??? See photo.
So investigation showed it was screwed to the ceiling with about 3-4 sheetrock type screws, a couple of them had pulled thru the ceiling material.

So I wound up supporting the far end of the track with a couple of small "ell" brackets. See photo.

I'm not sure, but I may have contributed to this failure by traveling with the rolling bathroom door closed, this causing more load on the "cantilevered" end of the door channel.

I post this as information and possible "best practice" for other owners. I suggest driving with the door locked into the open position, at least until it is proven that that doesn't cause damage too.

Hope the photo upload works. Still trying to figure that out.

Recie

Wrpt58 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum