Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 03:08 AM   #1
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
ACE 30.3 - Pilot out light on - won't light LPG

Only had it a week. It was working on LPG (tested and dealer last week and once at home on Monday and both times it lit). I've had it parked at my house last couple days hooked to 15amp, so switched it to LPG.

Somewhere in last day or so, the pilot out light came on.

When I flip it to 110 off and LPG on and go outside, I can smell propane, so it's opening the valve.

I just went ahead and ordered a thermal cutoff kit and new electrode from Amazon as they were both pretty cheap.

RV is at my sisters (where I'll be parking it) so can't run out and test, but saw how they said to test the thermal cutoff (remove fuse and touch wire to see if it lights).

If it doesn't, is the igniter likely the issue? What else could it be and should I test?

Not close to a dealer and I'm going on a short trip in 10 days, so I would like to troubleshoot and repair myself.

P.S. I guess I forgot to bash Thor at the beginning of this post for an Atwood water heater failure....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum