Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #8
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrr View Post
It could be a couple of hours before you see the pink. You can speed up the process by removing the cover of the ice maker and forcing it to cycle the antifreeze through. If you use a short insulated 14 gauge wire and jump the T and H holes of the ice maker this will force it to cycle. Caution the wire needs to be insulated as your dealing with 120 volts. It could take 3 to 4 cycles before you see the pink stuff come through. Wait between the cycles...remove the jumper when you hear a click on each cycle.

PETERRR!!! Thanks for making this post about winterizing the ice maker! I wasn't going to winterize our new MH "Myself" this first year. But, I found the RV shops booked up and we are leaving for Mexico tomorrow! The ice maker is cycling right now. I'm just sitting here letting it do it's thing. The water just turned pink the last cycle.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum