Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2019, 01:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Looks like Thor updated website with 2020 MH models now

Looks like Thor updated the MH website with the 2020 models now.

I only looked at the Axis so far.... A few things stood out as new to me.

Living space speakers tied to dash stereo
Power Driver seat? Or was that new in 2019?
Map light? Or are they talking about that bright dash light near the radio?
1 inch fresh water drain? (Not sure on my size but I bet its only half that size. This is somthing that is needed for sure on all models).

Im sure they have some interior materals and colors that are new as well. I was more intrested in mechanical upgrades or add on's that improve the living space.

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #2

THOR #12231
Oh yeah it has a Sirus Tuner and Ant now!
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 05-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Still only 3 floor plans. That’s somewhat surprising.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #4

THOR #12231
Yeah I was kinda hoping they would add just one new one.

It would have been awesome if they read this forum and had a 29.5 foot model with a 4 foot "garage" on the back.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
The 24.1 was the original and a home run for Thor. Also the shortest.

The other two remaining floorplans are relatively large and expensive. At least six floorplans in the middle have been dropped. Based on this pattern, it wouldn’t surprise me if the next one is even larger. Who knows, you may get your wish. Personally, an Axis nearly 30 feet long wouldn’t interest me at all.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #6

THOR #12231
Yep, the 24.1 has been the workhorse in the RUV stable. Great floorplan for most plus nice and short.

Yeah the 30 foot RUV would be pushing it into "midsize" class A territory so I bet that dont go that large.

But I love the looks and the skinny / shortness of the Axis/Vegas lineup.

Im sure my next RV will be larger (30 - 34 ft) but we enjoy our Axis so much I dont see that happening anytime soon. Perhaps when we retire.