Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2024, 07:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: England
THOR #31921
Mirror arm

Good morning people, we are holidaying in Spain with our 2020 Thor ace 30.3, Unfortunately whilst entering a toll I caught the passenger mirror arm on a steel post, and the post won, the mirror is OK but it's arm is broken in two. I'm desperate to get a replacement for out journey back to blighty in a couple of months time, but I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me find a spares place to purchase one, I have found a company online "RV SPARES" which are based in America, Unfortunately they haven't replied to my consistence emails, and for some reason I'm unable to phone as keeps cutting off, so if anyone could advise me on the best thing to do I would very grateful. I look forward to seeing a reply from anyone, happy Travels people.

Old 03-11-2024, 08:31 AM   #2

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny boy View Post
Good morning people, we are holidaying in Spain with our 2020 Thor ace 30.3, Unfortunately whilst entering a toll I caught the passenger mirror arm on a steel post, and the post won, the mirror is OK but it's arm is broken in two. I'm desperate to get a replacement for out journey back to blighty in a couple of months time, but I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me find a spares place to purchase one, I have found a company online "RV SPARES" which are based in America, Unfortunately they haven't replied to my consistence emails, and for some reason I'm unable to phone as keeps cutting off, so if anyone could advise me on the best thing to do I would very grateful. I look forward to seeing a reply from anyone, happy Travels people.
You need to determine who manufactured the mirror and contact them. Two of the biggest RV mirror manufactures are Ramco and Velvac. Good luck.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 11:10 AM   #3

State: England
THOR #31921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
You need to determine who manufactured the mirror and contact them. Two of the biggest RV mirror manufactures are Ramco and Velvac. Good luck.
Hi Bob, thankyou for your reply, my mirror arm is a velvac, but it doesn't seem to have a part number printed on it unfortunately, I'm going to see if there is a RV dealer near us in Spain, Fingers crossed, I'm not sure if my arm can be fixed, until I get home, I know you can weld cast iron, but the problem is its slightly bent as well, and I'm sure if it's hammered to straighten it Its going to crack more. Well I'm going for a drive around and see what we find. Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:15 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
https://www.finditparts.com/products.../velvac-713824

The new ones not cheap!
Old 03-11-2024, 03:00 PM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
You do not need a part number if you have a camera...
Just sayin'.

Contact the manufacturer.

Alternatively:

Any car hobbiest or mechanical shop or body shop or boat shop with tools can splice it back together well enough to use.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 03:14 PM   #6

Model: Aria 4000
State: New York
THOR #28151
Call Velvac

Call Velvac at 1.800.783.8871, they can tell you what mirror you have and ship out the replacement part. I have found Velvac to be very helpful.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:16 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Hi, as another brave, British RV owner I'd say get hold of Motorhome Medics, Cheltenham.
The guys there are great, they should help and get a replacement sent over. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:19 PM   #8

State: California
THOR #32198
Mirror

When I needed to replace my passenger mirror, I had to call different different body shops with the part number to find a replacement. I ended up finding one a few states away. I just started searching with the part number. Several places had one according to their inventory but when they went to pull it, it wasn’t there. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:16 PM   #9

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
With an over 700% upcharge, Velvac is essentially saying "We don't really want to mess with individual sales."

There's literally hundreds of other options... maybe not as pretty... but affordable and still functional.