RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #1
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Texas
Posts: 32
THOR #19029
Replacing toilet, kitchen drawer fixes, tv help

Hi guys! I hope everyone is staying safe out there!

Question 1: Has anyone replaced their toilet? Ours kept filling up and overflowing while connected to state park water supply.

Question 2: I have 3 kitchen drawers that won't stay shut when driving down the road. I assume the latches are broken. Can we use the same kind of latches that we used on our home kitchen drawers?

Question 3:I am soooo not technologically savvy! We couldn't watch tv cuz there were no reachable channels. Should we replace the 3 tv's with Roku tv's or just buy the roku sticks for each tv? Or are there any suggestions out there that might allow us to use what we have (factory wiring). I miss tv!

Question 4? We want to relocate the bedroom tv. Suggestions please!

I'm sorry I put so many questions in one post, but I thought it might be easier to track responses. Yes, I am a newbie, and forget my DH..he doesn't even know how to get here!

Thank you so much in advance for any and all input/suggestions!!! 2016 Thor Vegas 24.1

HAPPY MONDAY! Everyone stay safe and have a great week!
__________________

__________________
Topsy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
ducksface's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
Posts: 3,130
THOR #13932
The toilet is a kit to fix, no new toilet needed. But if have the funds, a macerator toilet is a fine thing.

Buy roku sticks. They do the same as the TV would and are portable to other tv's.
Roku requires an internet connection to work. We download movies and TV shows to our phone free from Amazon and Netflix. Then we hook our phone to a cable to the TV instead of using Bluetooth.
The TV in the 24.1 bedroom is miserable to remove and I suggest not even trying. I truly believe mine was mounted to the bathroom wall and the the outside walls were added afterward. Mine won't come off without a hacksaw being involved.

Roku sticks, toilet kit.
__________________

__________________
Below is a link to most of my modifications either accomplished or pending.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...n-18996-3.html

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
Posts: 837
THOR #1123
Replacing toilet, kitchen drawer fixes, tv help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsy57 View Post
Hi guys! I hope everyone is staying safe out there!

Question 1: Has anyone replaced their toilet? Ours kept filling up and overflowing while connected to state park water supply.

Question 2: I have 3 kitchen drawers that won't stay shut when driving down the road. I assume the latches are broken. Can we use the same kind of latches that we used on our home kitchen drawers?

Question 3:I am soooo not technologically savvy! We couldn't watch tv cuz there were no reachable channels. Should we replace the 3 tv's with Roku tv's or just buy the roku sticks for each tv? Or are there any suggestions out there that might allow us to use what we have (factory wiring). I miss tv!

Question 4? We want to relocate the bedroom tv. Suggestions please!

I'm sorry I put so many questions in one post, but I thought it might be easier to track responses. Yes, I am a newbie, and forget my DH..he doesn't even know how to get here!

Thank you so much in advance for any and all input/suggestions!!! 2016 Thor Vegas 24.1

HAPPY MONDAY! Everyone stay safe and have a great week!


The latches are easy to replace and can be ordered from Amazon. These should replace the ones you have:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=221043
__________________
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Larry's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
Posts: 837
THOR #1123
Replacing toilet, kitchen drawer fixes, tv help

This may be of help also:

Drawer latches
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=236143
__________________
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24SS
State: California
Posts: 1,101
THOR #12698
The drawers are easy to fix with the latches that Larry pointed to on Amazon. I just replaced one and went with the 10lb pull and not the 8lb pull since that drawer holds the heavy pots and pans. Just slide the drawer out and you will see the drawer latch on the bottom. I keep a few extra on hand since they seem to go out during road trips away from home.

Paul
__________________
paulwadley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Travelin' Texans's Avatar
 
Brand: Redwood
State: Texas
Posts: 1,310
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
The latches are easy to replace and can be ordered from Amazon. These should replace the ones you have:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=221043
If this is what you have & replace with order several, they will be broke again......& again.
I replaced those with these magnetic type from about any hardware store, they don't break & hold just as well.
Click image for larger version

Name:	everbilt-cabinet-latches-9265596-64_1000.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	24543
__________________
Danny & Linda
Sold our '13 Thor Redwood 36 FB
Currently RV & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29h outlaw
State: New Jersey
Posts: 355
THOR #5248
Donít know what TVs you have but Thor was using sets that didnít have a QAM tuner. Many campgrounds are, sending digital signals now and without that tuner you will not be able to scan them.
I replaced my TVs for one twenty to one forty dollars each. Smart ROKU
__________________
Trkyte@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #8
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Texas
Posts: 32
THOR #19029
Awesome

You guys are TOTALLY AWESOME! Thank you so very much for all of your help. There is so much to learn about these things. Our maiden voyage this last weekend was great with a few exceptions. lol... Like toilet filling up and overflowing repeatedly, no tv, and a few drawers opening every time we hit a bump. Things could always be worse but with all of you here at this forum I believe the RVing life will get only better.

TY TY TY
__________________
Topsy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #9
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Alabama
Posts: 32
THOR #18612
I added Amazon firesticks to all 3 TVs as well. The hardest part was the patience necessary to connect them to the hdmi ports and USB ports on the back side. Once there, the are completely hidden and the remotes are top notch.
__________________
jdurnwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:08 PM   #10
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Texas
Posts: 32
THOR #19029
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
The toilet is a kit to fix, no new toilet needed. But if have the funds, a macerator toilet is a fine thing.

Buy roku sticks. They do the same as the TV would and are portable to other tv's.
Roku requires an internet connection to work. We download movies and TV shows to our phone free from Amazon and Netflix. Then we hook our phone to a cable to the TV instead of using Bluetooth.
The TV in the 24.1 bedroom is miserable to remove and I suggest not even trying. I truly believe mine was mounted to the bathroom wall and the the outside walls were added afterward. Mine won't come off without a hacksaw being involved.

Roku sticks, toilet kit.
I wish I had those funds :/ what toilet kit are you referring to and where can I find it. Ty
__________________
Topsy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
Posts: 2,421
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsy57 View Post
I wish I had those funds :/ what toilet kit are you referring to and where can I find it. Ty
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...c/DOM93FR.html
__________________
Jim & Roy Davis
2016 Hurricane 31S
1961 Rampside in tow
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:59 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Travelin' Texans's Avatar
 
Brand: Redwood
State: Texas
Posts: 1,310
THOR #3610
The toilet valve may be ok!
When flushing remove your foot from the pedal & let it slam shut, if it's the Thetford brand that's what prevents it from running over.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Sold our '13 Thor Redwood 36 FB
Currently RV & truckless
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:15 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
Posts: 9
THOR #17745
I just bought a set of drawer latches after one got worn out. These maybe what you need.

4 Grabber Catches 10 LB Cabinet Push to Close Latch RV Boat Hardware Ö https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N77BKGH..._8d4-EbZY6XNP6
__________________
Land Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:13 PM   #14
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24HE (24F)
State: Michigan
Posts: 37
THOR #17874
You mentioned the overflow happening while connected to park water. Do you have a pressure regulator for your water hookup? The park water pressure might just be too high for the toilet valve.
__________________
plastrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #15
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 45
THOR #15940
Small Roku TVs a so cbeap now it makes sense to replace your TVs , especially if they are older or god forbid, tube TVs.
__________________
Capt.Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:03 PM   #16
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Texas
Posts: 32
THOR #19029
Ordered, tyvm!
__________________

__________________
Topsy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×