Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > DRV Luxury Suites
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2023, 06:19 PM   #1

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 36RSB3
State: Florida
THOR #17449
Flex Armor Roof By RV Roof .com

Just had a flex armor roof installed as the factory rubber roof tore way to easley. Wow should of done this long time ago. The new roof looks great. No more air bubbles along the rolled edge. No more seems to caulk. I highly recommend this Sprayed on roof system.

Old 12-24-2023, 01:44 AM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM41261 View Post
Just had a flex armor roof installed as the factory rubber roof tore way to easley. Wow should of done this long time ago. The new roof looks great. No more air bubbles along the rolled edge. No more seems to caulk. I highly recommend this Sprayed on roof system.
It is a great roof.
Old 12-24-2023, 12:50 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I had mine done a number of years ago and I couldn't agree more. My wife would say it's probably the best upgrade we've made....and I've upgraded or fixed just about everything in the RV!

I did mine for unusual reasons...My RV was still relatively new (just out of warranty) and I would say that it's probably hard to justify the cost for most folks with a newer RV. It probably doesn't normally make sense till you need to replace the membrane on a roof otherwise. I say that because back when I did mine anyway, the cost was roughly the same as a new membrane installed.

Of the top of my head, things we like

no caulking - obvious selling feature
almost no worries about leaks
it seems to be very tough so I "sleep better at night" not worrying about things like tree branches, hail, etc...
It adds insulation R value. We noticed the coach is a bit easier to keep cool
It's much quieter inside...and my family reports it's significantly quieter while driving on the road too ( I wouldn't know since i'm always driving)\
I opted to have them spray over the shower skylight. It's now darker in there, but that's ok because the skylight is now strong enough to stand on....no worries about hail and such there either.

I took mine back to them this past year becasue my winegard batwing started leaking through the mechanism. I tried fixing it with a repair kit, but once I got into it I realized how flimsy that mechanism and seal is. We never use the TV anyway. I decided to replace the antenna with one that has no leak potential and no moving parts...so I bought one and had them install it and seal it in. It was a good opportunity to also have them spray the mounting brackets where I'd installed solar a few years back. That was the only break through the roof armor that I had...wasn't worried about it leaking because I did a belt/suspenders/raincoat/umbrella install with layers of eternabond doublestick, eternabond webseal, and dicor...but still....now it's sealed in how it should be!

That's about the only downside to the roof system I think.... It's an event to get it back in for a reseal if you ever change or add anything. Minor, but still.

The only complaint I can think of is at my AC. I remember when I was considering it, seeing their web page saying that the spray would lap over into and around the AC roof opening, so if the AC ever does leak the water can't seep up under the roof. The edges in my opening aren't sealed ( I found much later after the original spray). When I had it back in for the respray I pointed this out. Got some song and dance excuse that I didn't like and don't buy.... but it is what it is.

Overall, we've been happy